Monday, May 5, 2014

Training for a 12 Hour Race

3 Days at the Fair in New Jersey:  May 15.  Lee Anne signed me up for the 12 hour race, while she is doing the 48 hour race and possibly stopping at 100 miles if she attains her A goal.  We will run a few laps together, but for the most part, she just wants someone out there on the course during the night, lurking.  Someone to goad her should she fall off her A goal.  What is her A goal?  Under 28 hours for 100 miles.  Why does 28:14 pop into my mind?  Hmm.  I am about to run 12 hours, starting at midnight.  Fun fun fun!

So here I am putting in massive training, for my 12 hour race.  I ran 7.5K today.  It was 12 degrees so I ran in shorts, but found it a bit cold.  However, it wasn't that long ago (refer to picture) that running was REALLY cold.  Funny how quickly we adapt.  I am still quite happy to be running trails.  Roads are great for speedwork, but after being forced to run road or spend time on the dreadmill for the last 4 months, trail is still a treat.

Oh!  I retired May 1.  I'm still in "gotta get ready for work tomorrow" mode.  It takes a while to get used to such a major life change.  I will write more on this once I wrap my head around it.  For now, I am trying to juggle a few things...  Cleaning maple syrup equipment and lines, finish destroying Lily and Daryl's house and getting ready to start building, ramp up my running, gardening and getting ready for the Creemore Vertical Challenge.  I made about 80 medals today.  The tractor was starting to overhear, so I changed the thermostat.  No better, so I pulled the radiator core and sent it away for cleaning.  Hopefully that does the trick.  Of course I need the tractor for almost everything but the running.  I need to clean the lies before we head to New Jersey and before the house framing starts...  My hopes of reducing my work week to 60 hours is currently a bit of a joke.

However, I do get time in the middle of the day to blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment